Skip to main content

two thirds through the first month of the new year 2018/Jan-21

Hi Y'all,

So here we go again. I was not able, (no matter the few dozen times/ways) I tried to get into my blog last week, I could not. Sorry we missed each other. I missed not being able to share what was in my thoughts.

Some times, some of us decide to try some sort of lifestyle change. It does not really matter when or what the change is, but it can be an easy thing or a challenge. The sticking to it; sticking with it; "keep on keeping on," as Larry puts it. Perseverance, vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom till you get to the finish line.

Change? Does that fit into our dysfunctionality theme? Maybe not as change per say but the process we use to go about these changes.

Some do fine just sticking to a plan, something in writing like a book, pamphlet, advertisement, or perhaps off the web. Some need it to come in a neat package with instructions and ready to go or be used immediately. Some need encouragement or much much more than encouragement. Whether it's a reason, excuse, or even a need for change, we all face them from time to time in our lives.  Don't get to thinking you don't, cuz I know for a fact that each and every one of you have changed your shoe size at one point or another (more than likely, quite a few times). And hopefully your sheets as well.

So what do you picture when you you read:

  • She is dancing her little heart out, in her basement, to an old VCR tape of songs from the 50's, 60's, and 70's
  • She doesn't really seem to know what she is doing, but she's working pretty hard at it
  • Well that didn't turn out like she wanted it to
  • A for effort? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Effort doesn't even start with A.
  • What's it going to take to make this change stick this time?
I pray that one day I will get this whole "gleaning" thing! I sure would like to follow Ruth's great example of being that woman who does not quit when change is a challenge.  
Lord, how I know that Bible study surely does work at bringing me closer to you, 
I need encouragement to make it a steady staple.

Till next time my friends............
I am glad God made me the uniquely dysfunctional person I am.
(and that you took the time to read this)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today 1-7-18

😕So, I have to ask myself, do others in this world feel a sense of dysfunctionality like or similar to what I do? I would like to find out. So I am putting it out there; let's just see what happens. "Okay. I think I will."  So you ask yourself, does this woman talk to herself in her blog, texts, emails, other written words other than words that only she can hear? "Oh yes, she does!!"  So first off, what really is dysfunctionality about? Just about anything one can think of I'd say. Going about ones day in a bit of a cloud? Going about your life wondering ones own purpose? Not seeing what God's will is for your life? Loving or not loving yourself? Liking or not liking yourself? Getting over yourself.   REALLY???? Normal: Why be? or What is? Functioning without a real sense of functioning? Just about anything YOU see as dysfunctionality, it's your own, so own it or not? ​Today is a day that my Lord has made, and for today, I am